cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to load ballance cache engines via WCCP V2?

bverdon
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone point me to a document (or explain) that explains how to load balance cache engines via WCCP? I have found documentation that states there are basically three ways to do it...but does not provide the means on how to configure this. Very frustrating. Thanks.

Bill

3 Replies 3

prafuljaded
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Bill,

Can you send me the links you are talking about ?

I would like to know how we can load balanc WCCP using Cache Engines.In our network we are using a L3 router to load balance internet traffic. And we have this L3 router configured as default gateway on the Cache Engine, as I know Cache Engine cannot have two default gateways configured and is not L3 aware

Thanks,

Praful

Sure...but it's not very helpful. Look under load distribution. I have a case open with TAC...but they are not much help yet...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800da707.html#wp1000972

ortizl969
Level 1
Level 1

Bverdon,

Did you ever find out how load balancing is done with wccp with multiple cache engines? I am asking as I am working on trying to setup wccp to work with more than 1 cache engine within our LAN and I do not see specific information on how WCCP is configured for multiple cache engins

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card