cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to route?

hzitadmin
Level 1
Level 1

I want to configure the RouterA to make all traffics go to 1.1.1.1/24 will eventually pass through the RouterB to reach the subnet. Between RouterA and RouterB, there are multiple hops, which are all out of my control. Am I able to do it?

1 Reply 1

keeleym
Level 5
Level 5

Hi There

It is not very clear to me from your posting exactly what you are trying to achieve.

You state that you want to configure Router A to send all traffic to the IP address 1.1.1.1/24. Is this IP address assigned to a remote routers interface, directly connected to Router A?

Or is this IP address on assigned to an interface on Router B?

If the IP address 1.1.1.1/24 is assigned to a remote routers interface directly connected to Router A, then you can configure a static deafult route to send all traffic to this address.

However if the IP address 1.1.1.1/24 is assigned to an interface on Router B, then IMHO the answer would be No, this would not be possible as there are multiple routers between Router A and Router B which are outside of your control, unless these routers are all under the control of a single entity (SP) and the (SP) would configure static routes for you to get all traffic from router A to pass through router B.

However this would not be an easy topology to support and troubleshoot.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Best regards,

Michael

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card