Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

how to stop EIGRP process

Hi there , i did some changes in a distribution list tied up with an EIGRP process , the distribution list contains an access-list , after making the changes , do i need to kill the EIGRP process and start again . If yes , how do I do that .

Thanks in advance ...

5 REPLIES
Purple

Re: how to stop EIGRP process

Hi,

The default behaviour of EIGRP is that it will automatically reset all affected neighbor relationships as soon as you make the change to the access-list. So you don't need to do anything at all.

Hope that helps - pls do remember to rate posts that help.

Paresh

Thanks Paresh ,

I think , there was an event , that I saw somone kill the EIGRP process , Is that possible

Purple

If you really wanted to kill and restart the EIGPR process, here's a good procedure to do so:

1. Save config first - 'copy running start'

2. Enter the following in: 'no router eigrp '

3. Then, enter in: 'copy start running'

That will have the effect of restarting the EIGRP process...

Hope that helps - pls do remember to rate posts that help.

Paresh

Hi there , first time is to save the running config to start and later issue the command no router eigrp 100 , and then copy the start config to run config .

Any particular reason . by copying the start config to run config will enable back the EIGRP process ...

Purple

Hey Mate,

Well, here's the trick. When you save the config the first time, it has to EIGRP process in it. Therefore, the startup config contains that config.

Then, when you remove the EIGRP process, the running-config no longer has it configured (but the startup config still does).

When you copy the startup config back to the running-config, the only config that is in the startup config that is not in the running-config is everything under 'router eigrp '. Therefore, this config is now added to the running-config and activated.

The advantage of doing something like this is that it saves typing effort (or copy and paste) on your part...

Pls do remember to rate posts.

Paresh

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content