cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HSRP and GRE Tunnel

rafaelgarcia
Level 1
Level 1

I have location A and location B and C connecting to location A using serial interfaces with frame-relay encapsulation and GRE Tunnel configure on the interfaces. I am using EIGRP as routing protocol.

I also configured the HSRP on location B and C to track my serial interfaces so when B is down I can still be up using C. HSRP seems to be working as expected, Serial interface goes down and it comes back up but my GRE Tunnel doesn't.

For instance, if serial on router B goes down router C takes over without problem. Now, router A removes the router to router B since it is down. GRE Tunnel on router B is down, of course. When serial on B comes back up the GRE tunnel on the router stays down.

Any advice?

2 Replies 2

On Router B, are you running any dynamic routing protocol on your serial interface?

Post the config of Serial & tunnel interface on Router B & RouterA + show ip route from both routers when all interfaces are up?

Sorry I can't provide you with my configuration right now but I do use a dynamic routing protocol. It is EIGRP.

As I said before, the tunnel remains down in both sides, router A and B. I forgot to mention that I am also using keepalives on the GRE tunnel.

Thanks for your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card