Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

hsrp vs standard stack 3750's

I need words of wisdom for those cisco guru's that have been in this game longer than me..... (please)

I have inherited support of cisco kit across a few sites, most of my sites have a single core stack with 3750's running as a stack. Some route across vlans other sites route at a firewall.

Critical systems have multiple connections to the stack members configured as ether-channel ports and all seems to make sense to me, however.....

One of my sites has 2 stacks and hsrp running and critical systems have connections to each stack.

The site is due a bit of a re-config soon but we can't see any benefit in keeping 2 small stacks with hsrp over a bigger stack as a single stack.

Any advise on the merits of this system word be great.

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY

I would assume there would be

I would assume there would be a few reasons *redundant power , different power rails / supplies for each stack *different chassis physical stack , if the stack happens to crash etc we can still operate *possible redundant wan links connected to each switch ? In short it eliminates a single point of failure
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content