Views
Helpful
Replies

Http://404 error from a SAN switch...?

Ibbywannit
Level 1
Level 1

Dear respected friends and Gurus,

We've loaded a Cisco SAN switch into an IBM mainframe and are trying to telnet into the web management console. But all that's appearing is a 404 web error. When i simulate it in our lab everythings fine.

Just wondering if there are any opinions. Sorry to be so vague, but that's all the details i've got at the moment. I've told the on-site engineer to reload the switch, but i'm not actually sure that this will do anything apart from wipe the current configuration off of the switch.

1 Reply 1

Goutam Sanyal
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

The 404 or Not Found error message is a HTTP standard response code indicating that the client was able to communicate with the server but either the server could not find what was requested, or it was configured not to fulfill the request and not reveal the reason why. 404 errors should not be confused with "server not found" or similar errors, in which a connection to the destination server cannot be made at all.

source:http://en.wikipedia.org

Thanks

Goutam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco