Views
Helpful
Replies

HW Limitation for 2800 Series Routers

mnlatif
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

How do you determine the HW limitation for 2800 Series routers ? I cannot seem to find any related docs for this.

Would a 2811 Router be able to handle upton 4.5Mbps of WAN traffic (Using 3 WICs) ?

Thanks,

Naman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Naman

This link gives approximate performance levels for the routers in the 2800 family:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5854/prod_qas0900aecd80169bd6.html

According to table 1 the 2811 will handle 2 T1s. To handle 3 T1s it looks like you would want a 2821.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Naman

This link gives approximate performance levels for the routers in the 2800 family:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5854/prod_qas0900aecd80169bd6.html

According to table 1 the 2811 will handle 2 T1s. To handle 3 T1s it looks like you would want a 2821.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Naman

I am glad that the information that I found was able to resolve your question. Thank you for using the rating system to indicate that your question was resolved (and thanks for the rating). It makes the forum more useful when people can read a question and can know that they will read responses which were able to resolve the question.

The forum is an excellent place to learn about Cisco networking. I encourage you to continue your participation in the forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Another method for estimating performance is reviewing the "Router Perf" document often referenced in these forums (attached). In this document, you'll note the 2811 maxs out at about 61 Mbps. This would seem to imply a 2811 might be able to handle more than dual T1s.

Actually, I work with a client that use 2811s at many remote sites with up to 4 T-1 (both MLP and IMA); seems to handle such, without problems.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card