Views
Helpful
Replies

HWIC-1T Loopback

chrisayres
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chaps

Simple question (that I can't find the answer to anywhere)

On a HWIC-1T card what dows the loopback command actually do  ??

3 Replies 3

Hardi Ahmed
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

by configuring loopback in HWIC you can get  messages  which it is similar to an Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) ping message. Refer to the ping ethernet privileged EXEC command.

Hardi Ahmed wrote:

Hi,

by configuring loopback in HWIC you can get  messages  which it is similar to an Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) ping message. Refer to the ping ethernet privileged EXEC command.

That is wrong. Loopbak operation is very different from ICMP. Also "ping ethernet" as nothign to do with it.

To answer OP question, yes HWIC-1T supports looback just the same as other serial interfaces.

Hi Paolo,

the difference is in you manually apply ping to an IP address and you get reply, regarding this kind of loopback; you get a error messages when you faced some issue within the connection through the HWIC. this kind of messages appears like a debug output.  this informatioin I got form a trunbleshooting document I will send you a copy soon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card