Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

HWIC-1T Loopback

Hi Chaps

Simple question (that I can't find the answer to anywhere)

On a HWIC-1T card what dows the loopback command actually do  ??

3 REPLIES

HWIC-1T Loopback

Hi,

by configuring loopback in HWIC you can get  messages  which it is similar to an Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) ping message. Refer to the ping ethernet privileged EXEC command.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

HWIC-1T Loopback

Hardi Ahmed wrote:

Hi,

by configuring loopback in HWIC you can get  messages  which it is similar to an Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) ping message. Refer to the ping ethernet privileged EXEC command.

That is wrong. Loopbak operation is very different from ICMP. Also "ping ethernet" as nothign to do with it.

To answer OP question, yes HWIC-1T supports looback just the same as other serial interfaces.

HWIC-1T Loopback

Hi Paolo,

the difference is in you manually apply ping to an IP address and you get reply, regarding this kind of loopback; you get a error messages when you faced some issue within the connection through the HWIC. this kind of messages appears like a debug output.  this informatioin I got form a trunbleshooting document I will send you a copy soon.

Views
Helpful
Replies