Views
Helpful
Replies

HWIC-4SHDSL how many ports?

jacinto1m
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was wondering how many ports this card has, I believe it is a single port, but I am a little bit confuse because in the overview of the cards says:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps5949/ps7175/product_data_sheet0900aecd80581fa0.html

The 2-pair (HWIC-2SHDSL) and 4-pair (HWIC-4SHDSL) symmetric high-bit-rate DSL high-speed WAN interface cards (HWICs) provide G.SHDSL connectivity to a Wide Area Network (Figures 1 and 2). The 4-pair symmetric G.SHDSL HWIC provides two ports of 4-wire or four ports of 2-wire connectivity options, whereas the 2-pair G.SHDSL HWIC provides two ports of 2-wire or one port of 4-wire connectivity options. The 4-pair symmetric G.SHDSL HWIC also allows bonding single or dual-pair G.SHDSL ports up to a single 8-wire interface with increased bandwidth by using Inverse Multiplexing over ATM (IMA) or data interleaving with M-pair mode. These cards are supported in all integrated services routers that have HWIC slots.

any help is much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
5 Replies 5

mavespig
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Juan,

HWIC-4SHDSL has a single port with RJ45 connector. The connector has 8 wires (4 pairs), and you can decide how to use those pairs.

For example, you can have a single interface, using 4 pairs, or you can have two different interfaces, each one with 2 pairs. These are IOS interfaces (in configuration), but the physical port is stil one.

Hope this clarifies.

Please rate the thread if useful

Marco

Hi Marco,

So they are reffering to logical ports when they say "two ports" or "four ports"?

That's correct!

Marco

Thanks Marco!

Very helpful your answer indeed.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The explanation is very clear.

What is that you don't understand ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: