Views
Helpful
Replies

HWIC-ESW Module

suvinviswan
Level 1
Level 1

This is a design concept doubt.

I request you to share your ideas so that I will reconsider to use this module for this scenario

I am going to use HWIC-4ESW for Cisco 1841 Router. I Know by default VLAN 1 is configured with the IP address for these 4 Ethernet Modules.

Is it possible to configure each of the 4 ports with IP Address of different subnets so that Each ports will be in Routed modes. The Idea is to configure each ports to different ISPs.

Thanks in advance

Sairam

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, configure the individua interface with different "switchport mode access vlan xx" and the corresponding VLANxx interface.

Note due to limitations, not all the features may be supported eg. you can have only one PPPoE session per module

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sairam

"Is it possible to configure each of the 4 ports with IP Address of different subnets so that Each ports will be in Routed modes"

The HWIC-4ESW is a layer 2 switch only so you cannot confugure the individual ports as L3 routed ports. However what you can do is have 4 vlans and assign each port to one of the vlans and then create 4 L3 SVI's ie.

int vlan 10

ip address 192.168.5.1 255.255.255.0

int vlan 11

ip address 192.168.6.1 255.255.255.0

etc..

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card