Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Hyper Terminal Settings

Hello

Could anyone tell me what setting i apply to Hyper Term so when i go and copy a Config back to a new switch or router it dosent miss all copyed text,my tutor told me about this setting but i forgot to write it down any help anybody.

Alex

6 REPLIES

Re: Hyper Terminal Settings

Bits per sec : 9600

Data bits : 8

Parity : none

Stop bits : 1

Flow control : none

Hall of Fame Super Blue

Hi Alex

I believe you need to increase the delay between sending lines in order not to overload the router.

I'm not at work at the moment so i can't remember exactly where it is but i think it is one of the settings you can change when you use the "transfer text" option.

HTH

Jon

Under File/Properties/Settings in the ASCII setup tab, put in a "line delay" (maybe 10-50 milliseconds, you can play with it to tune it). Then you have to use "Send Text File" instead of pasting your config.

A much better way is to use TFTP to bring the config in. Just run a TFTP server and use a command like:

copy tftp://192.168.0.10/configscript.txt running-config

and your changes will go in without a single mistake at all...

Hi,

I agree with Craig on his suggestions, and more to say is that if you can use telnet rather than console you won't face this problem.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Community Member

increase the buffer size on the destination (router or swithc). You should not have this problem anymore.

Bits per sec : 9600

Data bits : 8

Parity : none

Stop bits : 1

Flow control : none

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content