cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

i cannot see the show run ....its not complete!!

Gattonsky
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys!!

Im new and im just entering is this new world...im studing CCNA so i decided to buy a 1720 but when i configure the ethernet and the line vty and the banner and so on the dont show up in the run config.

This is the show...

Current configuration:

!

version 12.1

service timestamps debug uptime

service timestamps log uptime

no service password-encryption

!

hostname Router

!

!

!

!

!

!

memory-size iomem 30

ip subnet-zero

!

!

!

!

interface BRI0

no ip address

there is nothing......

What should i do????...

4 Replies 4

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you say there is nothing do you mean that is all there is and then you get the router prompt again ?

Have you tried pressing the spacebar ?

Also you can try

"sh run | begin line vty"

this should take you to that line in the config and it would at least show you whether it has been accepted.

Jon

Hitting 'enter' will go one line at a time. If you press anything but space or enter it will exit the show and drop you to Router#.

Worst case, try 'term len 0' and it won't do any page breaks.

Thanks guys you saved my life!!!!!!

GOD Bless you guys it was term len 0..

now i can see everything..

but i dont understand why i cannot press enter to scroll the page step by step....its long so to see it all i need to scroll the page back....

thanks very much now i can study.....

Pressing spacebar should allow you to go through the configuration page by page.

If you want to try this out you will need to set the term len back to what it was

router# term len 24

should do the trick.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: