cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I have a 2500 router

Jose Jusino
Level 1
Level 1

it stopped booting up and now i cant talk to it....help....

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the error message you get?

Jose

When you say that you can not talk to the router are you trying telnet, or console or what?

When you attempt to boot the router do any of the lights come on (system status light, interface lights, etc)?

I have experienced problems with 2500 routers booting which were because the flash or memory had become loose in its mounting. It might help to power down the router, open the case, and re-seat the memory and/or flash).

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

Caveats: NONE

All the lights come on and so does the fan etc, I will try and check for loose components in the router. Thanks for your input.

Jose Jusino

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

Caveats: NONE

All the lights and the fan comes on but I am not getting anything on my pc. It does not show the boot up script at all.

Jose Jusino

Jose

If the lights and the fan do come on then that is a good sign. If you are getting no output on the console when the router boots then this suggests that the console speed may have been changed. I would suggest that you change the speed of your terminal emulator. For the 2500 router the default speed is 9600 but it is also possible for it to be 1200, 2400, or 4800. Try each of these speeds and see if you get output at one of those speeds.

Be aware that for some emulators, such as Hyperterm, that you may need to stop and restart the connection after you change the speed setting in the emulator.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card