Our client is a Cable Operator which also supplies Internet to its cable subscribers. They have also some enterprise clients on which they also redistribute the Public IPs. Basically, they will be like a mini-ISP on which they will also be selling Public IPs. From the ISP (example PLDT), they are will be getting internet plus PUBLIC IPs to be redistributed to the Cable Operator clients.
Now the existing router which is a Cisco 1840, they are connected to two ISP, one through serial interface the other through fast ethernet. They are using IOS version 12.4(1c).
1. Is it possible to load balance using this router?
2. If not, what hardware or software replacement must we propose to them?
3. What PROTOCOLs or command will we use for load balancing?
1. Can we use IOS NAT Load-Balancing with Optimized Edge Routing for Two Internet Connections?
2. Can this support the redistribution of Public IPs? Public IPs from ISP 1 and Public ISP 2?
3. Using BGP for load balancing (load sharing), will this be possible?
4. Using BGP, do we need to coordinate the ISP and make them reconfigure their routers that is in point-to-point with the Cable Operators router?
5. Does Cisco 1841 IOS ADVANCED SECURITY support BGP?
Hi everyone, I would like to thank you in advance for any help you can provide a newcomer like myself!
Im studying the 100-105 book by Odom and am currently on the topic of Port security. I purchased a used 2960 and I'm trying to follow a...
While deploying a number of 18xx/2802/3802 model access points (APs), which run AP-COS as their operating platform. It can be observed on some occasions that while many of their access points were able to join the fabric WLC withou...
I am going to design and build an LAN network under a tunnel underground with long distance between the switches.
I will have 2 Catalyst switches and 8 Industrial IE3000, and they will be connected with fiber.
For now I am planning on use Layer-2 s...