Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

I want to configure a dynamic default route

I have a remote site with an ASA to the internet. It will have a default route pointing to that ASA. However, if the ASA (locally attached via a switch) dies, I want the remote site to learn a new default route from another site site with an ASA connecting to the internet. My routing protocol will be OSPF in a single area 0. IS there a way for a router to PING (via saa probes, or something similar) to determine whether to install it's default route into the routing table? What is the easiest way to do this? (Have a default route dependent on whether the next hop address- ASA- is accessible).

THANKS!

2 REPLIES

Re: I want to configure a dynamic default route

Why don't you just add your ASA to the OSPF routing process and make it a neighbor of the remote site router.

Re: I want to configure a dynamic default route

Hi,

How is your Default-route propagate it to the remote-site , Is it through OSPF or Static default-route?

If it's through OSPF, you can configure OSPF to Conditionally advertises a default route if the upstream Internet provider is accessible. and use another Static default-route with higher AD pointing to the Other ASA.

If you just have 2 Static default-routes on the remote site, then you can configure One Static-default route as primary & another Floating Static-route pointing to the 2nd ASA if the 1st ASA dies locally.

HTH

Mohamed Sobair

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content