Level 1

I would like to know whether Cisco 3750 support QoS-MQC

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

saimbt wrote:

I would like to know whether Cisco 3750 support QoS-MQC

Some parts of MQC yes but not all the parts that a router supports. Basically L3 switches are very different from routers as they do most things in hardware. This has a direct effect on QOS configuration especially with things like queueing. The best thing to do is to use the 3750 configuration guide to see exactly how QOS is configured. Note that different switches have different QOS capabilities ie. QOS is not even standard across all switches.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_46_se/configuration/guide/swqos.html

Jon

Thanks Jon, Not too sure if LLQ would be supported.. all literature only talks about policing and not about LLQ.

Sai.

saimbt wrote:

Thanks Jon, Not too sure if LLQ would be supported.. all literature only talks about policing and not about LLQ.

Sai.

Sai

Generally speaking no, LLQ is not supported on switches but you usually have a prioriry queue that can be used for traffic such as VOIP. As i said, queueing is actually the biggest area where L3 switches differ from routers in terms of QOS.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: