cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

If I install VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1, can I continue IPSec VPN at the same time?

news2010a
Level 3
Level 3

Folks, I have a 2851 router currently connected via IPSec to another site.

if I install (3) VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 cards into the 2851 (show ver shown below) to connect the router to a new MPLS network, can I still use the VPN IPsec? Or I will have to remove the VPN card in order to give me room to insert and run the (3) VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1?

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.4(13r)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

ECDPAC01 uptime is 4 days, 1 hour, 12 minutes

System returned to ROM by power-on

System image file is "flash:c2800nm-advsecurityk9-mz.124-3i.bin"

Cisco 2851 (revision 53.51) with 512000K/12288K bytes of memory.

Processor board ID

2 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces

1 Serial interface

1 Virtual Private Network (VPN) Module

DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity enabled.

239K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.

62720K bytes of ATA CompactFlash (Read/Write)

Configuration register is 0x2102

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tdrais
Level 7
Level 7

Show INV will give a better display of the cards you have.

Which card that does VPN are you talking about. The only cards I have seen are called AIM and these go into connection inside the router well away from the slots on the back.

I assume you have a wic card doing your serial in one of the wic slots and 3 empty ones. You should be able to just insert these new cards in the 3 remaining ones.

Now if this is the VPN module that comes with the router you can't remove it even if you want to since it is a chip on the main board.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

tdrais
Level 7
Level 7

Show INV will give a better display of the cards you have.

Which card that does VPN are you talking about. The only cards I have seen are called AIM and these go into connection inside the router well away from the slots on the back.

I assume you have a wic card doing your serial in one of the wic slots and 3 empty ones. You should be able to just insert these new cards in the 3 remaining ones.

Now if this is the VPN module that comes with the router you can't remove it even if you want to since it is a chip on the main board.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card