cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IGX - error 378

UN-FALD
Level 1
Level 1

Has anybody got any idea what this error code means. Tried to track it down on CCO but no luck.

Info Error 378 Data:000000FF PC:304C4E02/TRNS 9.3.11

Tks

Brani

7 Replies 7

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

Error 378 means as far as I know:

#define BAD_PORT_CNFG 378 /* cm_frp_utl.c */

So to me it seems, that something went wrong with a FR port config.

TRNS is the transaction handler process in the IGX. Have a look at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/ps2346/ps99/products_tech_note09186a0080094005.shtml#example

for further explanation of process interaction inside IGX Switches.

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin

Maritn,

Tks for the great link, however, maybe I have traced the problem to the wrong message. My IGX have frozen about an hour before that message came up when couple on VC techs were testing the new video bridge using V.35 connection. In your experience, is it possible that IGX would freeze or reload due to problems with HDI card or clocking?

Tks

Brani

Hi,

not that I am aware of. This only reminds me of the clocking groups on the backplane of the IGX. Slots 1-4,5-8,9-12, etc. share the clocking and it is not recommended to mix f.e. UXM cards and older legacy cards in the same clocking group. Not sure if it relates to your problem.

What exactly means "froze"? (It?s not that cold in Brindisi, is it? ;-)

Regards, Martin

Martin,

It is Brindisi, :))) and by froze I mean it stopped responding to any network traffic. Unfortunately I have not been on duty so I'm just trying to piece info from logs...

And you are correct when it comes to mixing UXMs and HDMs on same clocking groups....

So your general suggestion would be division of UXM and HDMs?

Tks

Brani

Hi,

I gave an IGX class in Brindisi a couple of years ago ... nice and interesting international crowd there! Anyhow I would not start changing stuff based on the info you have.

Regards, Martin

Hi,

I gave an IGX class in Brindisi a couple of years ago ... nice and interesting international crowd there! Anyhow I would not start changing stuff based on the info you have.

Regards, Martin

Martin,

Tks anyhow, will run a couple of tests more and see if we can replicate the issue.

Take care, have fun, hope you pass by again soon :)))

Brani

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card