cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Image File

hambone8204
Level 1
Level 1

My co-worker just deleted the image files on our 3560 switch "Delete Flash". How can we reinstall???

8 Replies 8

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

you can f.e. copy a suitable IOS file to flash from a TFTP server.

Have a look at "Working with the Cisco IOS File System, Configuration Files, and Software Images"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5528/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00802b7be7.html#wp1017927

You will get detailed instructions how to load an IOS into a 3560 Catalyst.

Regards, Martin

Yes, I understand this portion. I'm have issues actually getting the file imported into the switch. Since we lost the image we get the "Switch:" prompt..

Oh, I see.

There is the option to load an IOS through Xmodem (console port). It takes time (9600 bps!), but finally you should get there.

Follow the instructions given at "Recovering from Corrupted Software By Using the Xmodem Protocol"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5528/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00802b7c56.html#wp1099467

Hope this helps!

Regards, Martin

Ahh, This is what I need. Thanks.

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

You need to copy the valid ios (.bin) file back onto your flash using copy tftp flash command which can help bring your ios back onto your flash .

Also do revert back whether its in boot mode or in normal switch prompt ?

regds

I must be in boot mode..

I'm have issues actually getting the file imported into the switch. Since we lost the image we get the "Switch:" prompt..

Hi,

one additional info: f.e. Hyperterminal will allow you to use xmodem as described above.

Select file transfer from the menu, send file, and select xmodem from the dropdown menu as well as the file on your harddisk.

Regards, Martin

Now I have two flash images on my switch how can I remove the image which is label the "Directory". I need for it to boot up into the newer image and I can't delete the old one..???

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: