Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Incorrect EIGRP redistribution

Can anyone tell me why I get different results when I redistribute static routes (learned through BGP) into EIGRP. I am filtering two external routes, one at a time, but the downstream router only shows the expected result on one route (AD=170) but not the other.

It is difficult to explain so I have attached the drawing and configurations and the results.

I am sure it is quite straight forward, but I simply cannot get both routes to redistribute the same. One works - the other does not.

Why is one route learned incorrectly?????

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Incorrect EIGRP redistribution

A couple of thing I see but I am unclear how this can happen with the configurations you posted.

In your show route file the main difference between the 2 is that 192.168.250.0/24 is a EIGRP external route which means it was more than likely redistibuted in. The 192.168.1.212/30 route is a EIGRP internal route.

Looking at your configs I cannot really see how either of these happen since the provided config show s a static for 192.168.1.212 and it should be redistributed as a static and therefore be a exteral.

I cannot see how this gets in as a internal route.

The other issue is when you redistribute the BGP into EIGRP you did not specify a metric. Unless this was changed when you do this you get nothing redistributed. That does not explain how you got it into the table as a external in your sample since it must have come from someplace. Maybe you have a default EIGRP metric that you did not put in your posts.

Cisco Employee

The reason 192.168.1.212/30 is seen as an EIGRP internal route is that the static route is configured with a physical interface as the next hop and that you have a network statement covering this prefix under the EIGRP processon Taos.

The same does not happen with 192.168.250.0/24 since there is no network statement on under the EIGRP process on Taos for this prefix. It is then redistributed via the "redistributed static" command.

Hope this helps,

Harold Ritter
Sr. Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México
Community Member

Yes this did help -thanks!

I had a major network statement at Taos (network 192.168.1.0) which meant that both interfaces S0/0 & F0/0 were running the EIGRP process. When I replaced this network statement to include wildcard bits, and only F0/0 ran the EIGRP process, the downstream router then learned the route as external.

Thanks again!!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content