cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Info on a QOS class to work with dicom images across a WAN?

jkeeffe
Level 2
Level 2

We are implementing a PACs imaging system across our enterprise network and will be transferring large dicom image files across our WAN. Right now I have QOS classes for voice, video and call control, with all other traffic in the default class.

I need to create a class for the dicom images so that I can guarantee some amount of bandwidth, but most importantly I want to make sure that the transfer of these large dicom image files don't choke off any other time-sensitive data in the default class.

Does dicom fall into the video streaming class? Are there any white papers dealing with QOS and dicom images? Does anyone here have experience with dicom and QOS? (thanks in advance)

1 Reply 1

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

I think Dicom is a file format definition and a network communications protocol and not falls under video streaming. Following is the link for QoS and PACS

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6870/products_white_paper0900aecd8051d5d8.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card