Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Input errors on I/F - all ignored

I am getting a number of input errors appearing on an interface of a 2600 router that are all "ignored" (rather than CRC etc.) The interface does have a service policy applied that is intended to allocate bandwidth when the interface is congested. I am seeing these errors accumulate when there is little load on the interface. Is this something to do with the service policy ? or is a physical fault ? I have read enough to seem suggest it is not a speed/duplex mismatch or cabling fault, is this correct ?

• WAN Routing and Switching
1 REPLY

Re: Input errors on I/F - all ignored

Hi,

Ignored error is typically caused by lack of free buffers due to excessive traffic or faulty interface. When you are seeing the ignored packets on the interface do a 'show buffers' and check whether you are seeing corresponding number of buffer failures. If you don't see buffer failures then there's a good chance you may have a faulty interface.

HTH

Sundar

Views
Helpful
Replies