cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Input errors on T1 WIC

tbokman
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new point to point T1 that's getting input errors, CRC, frame and abort errors on the routers at both ends. About every other day or 2 the line goes down, down. As soon as the telco checks the line it comes back up. Telco replaced the smjk on one end but still have the same problem. There are no output errors on either side. Any ideas on how to determine what is causing this problem? Thanks.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

how you clock is set? Ask telco if they are providing clock on both sides. Then even without waiting for the answer, try to set one side with internal clock.

Failing that you can run BERT and loopback tests to demonstrate telco that the line is not OK.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

kemurdock
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get this resolved, I also have a point to point acting the same way.

Thomas I would do exactly as Paolo indicated in his responce, check this link to give you a picture of other possible causes, it may help.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/internetworking/troubleshooting/guide/tr1915.html

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Yes, it's fixed. Telco finally switched over to a different pair of wires and line hasn't dropped since. Took a while to convince them the routers were NOT the problem.

That is the same story all the time. This is telco's standard approach, they blame customer equipment until proven otherwise.

Just yesterday I had to set a loopback in a router to convince them the circuit was faulty. After that, they apologized and fixed it in 4 hours.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: