Views
Helpful
Replies

Installation of IOS 2502 Router

bala_nv
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I have cisco 2502 router with 2 serial and 1 Tokenring ports, recently this router flash got corrupted , I have replaced FLASH Memory with 8MB single module(another slot is free).I tried download IOS into this router through Hyperterminal , but I couln't download , can any one give me right suggestion.

Here is procedure I tried.

I changed confregister to 0x0 and boot router into rommon mode(">" console). from Hyperterminal console I selected send file option and X-Modem protocol and try to send, I got the error "no response from remote". if can some one helps me in this regard that would be appreicate.

Balamurali NV

4 Replies 4

stomasko
Level 4
Level 4

Make sure you are following the procdure on the link below step-by-step. Make sure you are doing the xmodem command on the router before you send the file in Hyperterminal:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a008015bfac.shtml

Good luck

Steve

hi Thanks for your reply, but the problem is as per document when I boot this router into rommon mode , and i couldn't execute command "Xmodem". Here I am attachine screen capture of router after booting into ROMMON , please go through and advice how to proceed on this.

I appreciate your help sir :(

Bala

Hopefully you have an Rxboot image in the 2500. Lets try this.

>o/r 0x2101

>reset

When it reboots it should boot to Rxboot mode,

Router(boot)>

Router(boot)>enable

Router(boot)#

Rest of the steps to copy an image via TFTP are mentioned in this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps233/products_tech_note09186a008009464c.shtml

PS: Please remember to rate replies!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I dont have ethernet port to my router I have only Token Ring and 2 Serial connections.

Bala

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card