Replies

Installing WEB as well FTP server on Private IP Range

dhavaltandel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Netpros....

I do have scenerion like,

ISP CLOUD----->(61.xx.xx.xx)CISCO 3005 VPN(192.168.1.100)------>SWITCH(Non Managable)------>SERVER(192.168.1.11).......HOST.......(192.168.1.XX)

I wans to maintain WEB server as well FTP on same Servere Hardware. But i do have only one public ip address and currently my local server is running on private ip address range.

How can i do configure webserver and can allow ftp from outside. cisco vpn 3005 (IOS 4.7) is the gateway device of my locan lan.

Anybody found solution reply...

Thanks,

Dhaval Tandel

1 Reply 1

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

what you'll need to do is to NAT your private IP for your server to your 1 available public IP address as well as 'redirect' specific protocols to that NATted address (your server)

the protocols you need to 'redirect' would be HTTP, HTTPS & FTP.

or perhaps, since you're using a VPN 3005 concentrator, maybe a WebVPN SSL VPN Client can get you what you need. see the following link for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/products_configuration_example09186a008055641a.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card