Views
Helpful
Replies

Interconnecting E1 & T1

lovefunlove
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

I have one fundamental doubt that if i have one Office in India and other in US then how the two will be connected with T1 and E1.

Secondly for E1 i will have to take 2.048 Meg bandwidth and for T1 it will be 1.5 Meg so for E1 end it will be wastage to .5 Meg of bandwidth ???...

Can you please forward me any simple document which will provide detail of interconnecting media with different standards.

Regards,

MAX

4 Replies 4

olorunloba
Level 5
Level 5

Well, you are right, that you can not just interconnect the E1 to the T1, as they are different media standards. However, you need to discuss with your provider what he is actually giving you. If it is a lease line connection, then both ends should be the same i.e. both E1 or T1.

However, if it is an IP connection, being router over the provider network, then there is no issue with the different media standard. However, like you have pointed out, this can lead to a badwidth wastage as the effective throughput will be 1.544M (T1)

olorunloba
Level 5
Level 5

Well, you are right, that you can not just interconnect the E1 to the T1, as they are different media standards. However, you need to discuss with your provider what he is actually giving you. If it is a lease line connection, then both ends should be the same i.e. both E1 or T1.

However, if it is an IP connection, being router over the provider network, then there is no issue with the different media standard. However, like you have pointed out, this can lead to a badwidth wastage as the effective throughput will be 1.544M (T1)

Hi,

How do people connect their offices between Europe & America through a Chanelized link.(IPLC)

pciaccio
Level 4
Level 4

Your option here is that you need to connect at 1536k. 24 DS0's.(Nx64). The remaining E-1 is either wasted or your provider will handle placing other customers on it. Your provider will tell you what timeslots your circuit is on and you need to map your 1536k to them.You need to request just the 1536k from your povider...that is all you can do for T-1/E-1...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card