Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

interface e0 changes IP address on its own

I am configuring an 827 router and do:

ip address 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0

then

copy running-config startup-config

However, there is a DHCP server running on the inside network, and after a few minutes eth0 takes its IP address from DHCP inspite of having been statically set. If I do

sh int e0

it reports 192.168.0.103. What is going on here?

3 REPLIES

Re: interface e0 changes IP address on its own

you mean to say is your ehternet interface got other ip address from the DHCP server... and othere thing is that you have configured the ip address manually on the same interface...

will you please fire the command "shut" and then again "no shut"...

and what is the output of show run will you please post it...

regards

Devang

Community Member

I am at a different location and can't issue commands now, but here is what I have done in the past:

Configuring from the console, used the static 192.168.0.1 interface for a while (~5 min), saved config to startup-config, repowered router, checked eth0 IP address - everything was fine so far, and eth0 IP was still 192.168.0.1

Then, if I wait 10 minutes or so (or just continue configuring IP routing), eth0 IP address will change to 192.168.0.103 (from DHCP).

When I did this over telnet, I lost the telnet connection when the eth0 address changed.

so how are you monitoring this ip address change...if it is possible then please post the show run output...

devang

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content