cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Interface problem

network_guy11
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 2621 series router with one WIC slot having two smart serial ports, The problem is my leased line works fine with one port but as soon as i connect to other port the line protocol turns down i am not able to find out where the problem is

I also tried to give a local loop from the modem in thr first port it shows looped but on the second port it doesnt even show looped

Now how do i find out where is the problem ,in the IOS or in the second port pls provide some solution

6 Replies 6

desai.jaideep
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

(1)Are you switching the ports with the same link? Or you are installing a new link.

(2)What is the capacity of lease-line? A WIC-2T card support upto 8Mbps but on single port.At that point your other port will not work.

(3)Can u switch your existing lease line to non-working port and see?

(4)If your lease line is say of 2Mbps and you are installing a new link of say 2Mbps, and the WIC is not responding properly, then you have a hardware prob.

Pls give the required inputs.

Regards

JD

hi thanks

i am installing a new 2 Mbps link and my previous link which is on the other port (which is working is also 2 Mbps)

Yes i tried switching the existing lease line on the non working port but it did not work

i guess i have some problem with the hardware , i tried debug interface serial but i didnt get any response

thanks

Hi

Can you do one more thing.I have seen some cards behaving strangely....that in one slot they work and in other they don't. Pls change that and see.

Pls rate helpful posts

Regards

JD

sdoremus33
Level 3
Level 3

Have you checked the controllers status sh controllers, this will give you some insight as to the problem, also I am not sure if this will have anythning to do with your problem, but try and add a clock rate ex conf t

int "controller" clockrate 64000, after this look at the controllers status by sh ip int br "controller int", and sh controllers. Hope this helps

1)Dear Sdoremus33

In receive ring i have some values but in transmit ring i have no values following is a part of output of sh controllers command

rmd(680129C0): status 9000 length 60C address 5B92B24

rmd(680129C8): status 9000 length 60C address 5B924A4

rmd(680129D0): status 9000 length 60C address 5B91E24

rmd(680129D8): status 9000 length 60C address 5B917A4

rmd(680129E0): status 9000 length 60C address 5B91124

rmd(680129E8): status B000 length 60C address 5B90AA4

Transmit Ring

tmd(680129F0): status 0 length 18 address 0

tmd(680129F8): status 0 length 18 address 0

tmd(68012A00): status 0 length 18 address 0

tmd(68012A08): status 0 length 18 address 0

2) dear JD i will also try by changing the card to different slot hope tht helps

thanks

If you are using one WIC-2T, i.e. one module w/ 2 serial interfaces and you ensure the configuration is correct. You also carried the swap test (include links and cables) then I believe it should be the hardware problem. Try to obtain another module from your vendor and test again. Or bring another router w/ module to carry the test.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: