Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Intermittent Connection with Charter ISP

Hello everybody, my name is Joe :). I am having stability issues with my home Internet.  It's 12Mbps/1Mbps down/up from Charter. This just started a few weeks  ago, but I had the same type of problem around 9 months ago. What  happens is I am surfing along or playing Crysis2 and then I am  disconnected. My modem Ready light goes out and starts blinking. The outage usually happens  around midnight EST and lasts about 15 minutes. My connection comes back  but then usually disappears within 10-15 minutes but I usually head to  bed at this point. Sometimes this happens during the day as well but it  is usually late at night. I have tried a lot of different things, none  of which seemed to work. I bought a new cable modem.  I called Charter and talked with one of their people while my Internet  was down and they assured me everything was good on their end, but I  could spend some money to have a tech come out and look. Anyways my coax  cable comes into my apartment and travels about 10 feet before going  into a three way splitter. I did check to see if the splitter was  causing the problem by removing it and just running the coax coming in  straight to the modem and still had the same problem. Anyways I have  tried a lot of things and I am looking for some insight from others.  Thanx in advance for any help!

Views
Helpful
Replies