cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internal Website no longer resolving

Dan Loring
Level 1
Level 1

We have a website inside our private network listed as a different domain from our AD(AD=Company.local, Website=CompanySupplyCorp.com).  If I do an Nslookup internally, it resolves to its public IP address,  this has worked fine all along, but some some reason recently this has stopped working and the browser errors out.  From outside the company the url gets translated to the public ip and is nat'ed in our fire wall to our private ip and the website works fine.

If a do a tracert(trace route) from our layer 3 switch on the IP, the route dies on the inside interface of our edge router???

I have modified my local hosts file to point to the privare IP, and it works, but I have 250 systems and this is a bandaid not a solution

Does anyone have any thoughts or recomendations to resolve this.

Not sure if this needs a route to be added, or if DNS could better resolve.

16 Replies 16

The problem has been resolved, it looks like the DNS doctoring just needed to sit overnight and breath. Previously after making a change and testing if it did not work I would remove it.  Last night I left the change in and when I did an nslookup on my system this morning I got my private IP.  Thank you all for your help. ; )

Great. Thanks for the update and rating.

MS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: