Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet access over existing mpls vpn

vicky.dhas
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

How to access internet over my existing MPLS-VPN connection, what would be the configuration (changes) required in CE and PE.

thanks

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Vicky,

one VRF site needs to be connected to the internet via a separate link (easier way to do this)

the CE of that site with internet access has to advertise route 0.0.0.0/0 to PE over the eBGP sessions. PE nodes will propagate this 0.0.0.0/0 within the MPLS L3 VPN to all sites.

device that connects to the internet needs routes for all IP subnets of all sites and also NAT rules to translate all that IP addresses.

Doing that on the PE using a single link requires some work on the PE side to make the VRF natted ip adddresses to communicate with global routing table.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Giuslar,

Its clear to me so far.can you explain how to configure Internet access over same existing mpls connectivity(single physical link).I am looking for Internet connection over my existing MPLS connectivity to my service provider with out going for dedicated internet conection anywhere my branch.Please explain the implementation and config required

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card