Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Internet Access Restrictions on RVS4000?

I configured 2 Internet Access Policies on an RVS4000 with Firmware 1.3.1.0 to block access to social networking sites, one for the morning and a second for the afternoon. Lunch time is not restricted by a policy.

After several days of experimentation, I have discovered the following:

1. If 2 policies are enabled, all internet access is denied. All policies must be disabled to enable access again.

2. If 1 policy is enabled to deny access to a site, it will work for the first user (that is, the user will be blocked). If a second user attempts to access the site, all internet access is denied.The only recourse at that point is to disable the policy.

I'm sure this cannot be "by design", and I am equally sure that I cannot be the only user to experience this quirky behavior.

Can anyone explain the correct way to implement Access Restrictions? Some gray areas are: can policy times overlap or do they need to leave the 5 minute gap? Do forbidden domains need "www." prefix?

BTW, the same behavior occurs on our WRT56G2, except times are in 12-hour format and border on useless.

Thanks for any help on this.

Everyone's tags (3)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content