cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet Links - How to host an internet facing application ?

Hi Everyone,

My company is about to embark on a colocation arrangement at a carrier neutral datacenter with a DR site.

We will require a connection between both sites and our central office. For this we are considering Metro Ethernet.

We will be hosting business critical web sites.

My question is, can anyone suggest best industry practice for providing internet links at both our datacentre and our DR site?

(That is, is it good enough split the metro ethernet connection where the service provider provides access to the internet from their metro cloud?)

thanks

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Going for a Metro Ethernet drop for internet link might be costly affair but keeping the applications or the criticality of the link in mind also the future growth and the upgrades related to the growth its a wise option to go for it.

You might want to upgrade the bandwitdh on a fly which might be easier with a ethernet drop in the last mile.

regds

Thanks for the reply.

I am also keen to find out what others are doing with respect to backing up there Metro Ethernet link?

That is, what are they backing it up with?

Hello,

As per my openion, the below mentioned design would be good for redundency

take two service provider, take 2 different BGP AS no.s; one for DC and one for DR; advertise DC and DR's routes to your remotesites via SP's MPLS cloud; give default routes from remote locations to SP1 and SP2 using AD; summarize your remotesites subnets with eigrp in both the SP's MPLS cloud. so if DC gone down; your traffic can run through DR site and vice versa. as per your sites and application, if you go beyond 20 MB MBPS link then SP provide you good service on DSL link.

Thanks,

Jigar Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card