Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

interoperability DVMRP and PIM

Hi all

is there any issues accepting multicast from a DVMRP router whiel reveiving is Cisco running PIM ?

The below link clearly shows no issues, but I preffer to hear from anyone who deployed in th efield.

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800ca79c.html

TIA

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: interoperability DVMRP and PIM

The Cisco IOS software supports dynamic discovery of DVMRP routers and can interoperate with them over traditional media such as Ethernet and FDDI, or over DVMRP-specific tunnels.

There will be no issues. We have successfully implemented it

2 REPLIES
Silver

The Cisco IOS software supports dynamic discovery of DVMRP routers and can interoperate with them over traditional media such as Ethernet and FDDI, or over DVMRP-specific tunnels.

There will be no issues. We have successfully implemented it

Hi there

thanks !

I have actually rolled it out now and no issues whatsoever. it all worked as described in the link I have provided.

Sam

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content