Views
Helpful
Replies

InterVLAN routing

enkhbat.n
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I got a little problem when configuring a switch Cisco Catalyst 3750. Maybe, it is a kind of easy for you guys, but I couldn't do it. So, I'm asking from you.

Here is my problem. There are two vlans on the switch. Vlan 1 is connected to internet, and Vlan 2 port is involved to LAN A. My question: how can any client of LAN A access to Internet through the switch by using Vlan 1 connection? If you have any docs about that, share me URLs pls.

Thank you,

Bat

4 Replies 4

tkatsiaounis
Level 1
Level 1

VLAN 2 Users should have as their gateway the ip of the vlan 2 interface on the switch. On the switch you will have to add a static default route to the internet through the ip that connects to the internet on vlan 1.

Thanks your comment,

I did exactly what u said.

VLAN 1 has IP address such as 10.1.1.2, and gateway is 10.1.1.1

VLAN 2 has IP address such as 192.168.2.1 which is the gateway of LAN A.

interface vlan 1

ip address 10.1.1.2 255.255.255.0

interface vlan 2

ip address 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.1.1.1

ip default-gateway 10.1.1.1

that is configured on the switch.

So, is there anything should I do?

Thanks

With these settings it should work. Do a show ip route and see what it gets. Is ip routing enabled in your switch (it should be).

ip default gateway is only for the switch management traffic you do not need that sent to the internet.

What is configured on your router where the WAN interface is? Are you Natting Vlan 2 for your user's to get out? The interface from the 3750 to your router, is it trunked, routed or have a sub-interfaces? On the router does it have both subnets in the routing table? Are you using static routes on the router or dynamic? Is there a path for LAN A?

A drawing might be helpful and a basic config of the router could help.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card