Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS Backup

sanuchakkalayil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.,

How can we take the IOS backup of a router remotely...I mean if we login thrugh telnet or ssh..

4 Replies 4

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi Sanal,

Correct me if i am wrong, you need to take a backup of your router IOS, you can simply "copy flash:x tftp:x" where x is your IOS file, you can use any tftp software, personally i use Tftpd32 (recommended by Cisco, since it has no issues with files larger than 32M):

http://tftpd32.jounin.net/

If you meant taking a backup of your configuration, you can do "copy startup-config tftp:".

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

HI Sanal, [Pls Rate all Informative POST]

In addition to Mohammed POST, i am providing you an attachment showing detailed information about Loading and Maintaining System Images on CISCO Routers.

Pls Rate all Informative POST

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

hi,

my actual doubt is can we take IOS image through telnet.?

HI, [Pls Rate all Informative POST]

"Telnet" is a Program which provides you CLI access to your Router for executing "ANY" Commands.

You need "File Transfer Protocol" or "TFTP" services to Upload / download an IOS File in Router.

The Commands required to Upload / Download can be very well executed via "TELNET" client program.

Hope I am Informative.

Pls Rate all Informative POST

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card