Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOS NAT Load-Balancing for Two ISP

Hello, recently we are going to purchase a new ISP of a diferent company, every ISP has it's own rooter and they are conectected to 2 port of the Switch catalist 2960 48TT, I have read some explanations of how configure our router cisco 2811 to manage the load-balancig for two Isp, like this ones.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800945bf.shtml#conf4

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080950834.shtml

But I don't find anyway how to resolve the problem of DNS, in my network every pc has configures the DNS's of the ISP, if I configure the load balancing to work with both ISP i think that the pc just can conect with one, the one who has the DNS configured.

Somebody can explain me how to solve that problem?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: IOS NAT Load-Balancing for Two ISP

hello ,

i know the DNS problem you talk . but first i want to know ,if the dns from ISP A, cannot use in ISP B network  when the link connect to ISP A down ?

if not , there one thing you need to know , router forward data using itself route table , not depend on DNS .

2 REPLIES

hello ,

i know the DNS problem you talk . but first i want to know ,if the dns from ISP A, cannot use in ISP B network  when the link connect to ISP A down ?

if not , there one thing you need to know , router forward data using itself route table , not depend on DNS .

Thanks for the info, May be I should check what for is the DNS before ask this cuestión, I don't know if the DNS of the first ISP can work with seccond, because we don't has still, but I realice that I can use open DNS without problem, and this is not important for the internet configuration or the net traffic.

Thanks for your help.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content