Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IOS upgrade and memory issues

Hi,

I am having problems upgrading the IOS on my 2600 router. My problem is :

Currently I have a 2600 with 16mb on board SIMM memory and 32 Mb DRAM. I am looking to upgrade to the latest 12.3 IOS and have therefore bought and installed 32Mb of SIMM.

However when I try to install the IOS it fails and it seems that the router is not using the additional memory I have installed. If I try an IOS smaller than 16Mb ( i.e. onboard SIMM memory ) it works well but if I try to load the new IOS which is just short of 17MB it fails.

What am I doing wrong ? Do I have to issue some commands that instructs the router to load the image on the 32MB simm ?

n.b. when I check in sh ver it shows I have 48Mb installed (16 + 32 ) so I am confident the new memory is good.

I have also swapped out the 32Mb simm out so as to confirm that the ios's are loaded on to the onboard memory and not the new.

How do I force the router to use the extra memory ?

many thanks

Richard

1 REPLY

Re: IOS upgrade and memory issues

I forget to mention that the router is a 2620xm and I am upgrading from the ios that was shipped with the router - 12.2(8),

cheers

Richard

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content