cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS Upgrade on 3750G

CamAdam
Level 1
Level 1

I am preparing 3750 switches for an IOS upgrade. The switch will be connected to a server running tftp server application (pc- IP address 192.168.10.1) directly to the ethernet port. I am configuring vlan1 on the switch with IP address 192.168.10.2. I am able to ping the switch from the server but not the server from the switch. Do I need to do anything else to establish connectivity?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Check the windows firewall settings on your PC and it may be blocking ICMP echo. I believe, on your PC you can selectively allow ICMP echo packets or disable firewall functionality just for the upgrade and enable it afterwards.

HTH

Sundar

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Check the windows firewall settings on your PC and it may be blocking ICMP echo. I believe, on your PC you can selectively allow ICMP echo packets or disable firewall functionality just for the upgrade and enable it afterwards.

HTH

Sundar

Sundar, I found the problem just as you responded. I was the firewall setting on the pc. Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: