Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IOS Upgraging Problem AS5300 ( Xmodem Precedure)

Hi,

I have put this question but did no get proper solution.

i have same problem.

plz check it and suggest solution

Thanks

6 REPLIES
Silver

Re: IOS Upgraging Problem AS5300 ( Xmodem Precedure)

If the official suport documentation and the provided suggestion fail, you can ultimately contact Cisco Technical Assistance Center and open a case with them.

If you do not hold a valid support contract you should contact the reseller of the 5300 in question.

Don't expect your problem to be solved. The support given here is on best effort basis.

Best of luck.

Silver

Also from you're previous post you did not confirm that you actually used another image that fits the flash size of your router.

Check the filesize in bytes and compare that with your flash file size. E.g. c5300-is-mz.120-5.5.T.bin which is 6436752 bytes in size will fit perfectly in 16,777,216 bytes of flash.

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion's. i have different IOS . detial is for example.

1) c5300-is-mz.122-17.bin (8.53 MB).

2) c5300-is-mz.123-9.bin (12.0 MB)

and many more.

but i face this problem frist time and unusual.

i have put this question also how we erase mem in rom mode.

I appreciate ur best effrots for answering.

Thanks and regards

Purple

Hi Mate,

That is the crux of the problem - I don't believe there is a way to erase files in rommon. That is why the only option you have is to raise a TAC case and arrange an RMA. By the way, this is not the only platform where this is the case. I've experience this with a lot of the older platforms where the only way to recover the box is an RMA.

Paresh

Bronze

Yes indeed! That sinking feeling of having realized that an RMA is inevitable! Who could forget that ;)

Arvind

Hi,

Thanks forthe reply.

usually when we uploaded the warning comes the all data will be on flash (see my prevoius Question with out put detal.). means flash will be erased before the upgrading. but did not work.

amd messege is image size exeeds than free flash space.

Thanks for the reply.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content