Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS versions on a 1720

insccisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a cisco 1720 and I just upgraded its IOS to 12.2(37)

When I do a "sh ver", in the top of the output it shows the new version, but somewhere in the bottom, it shows

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.0(3)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

I would love to know if I messed up in the upgrade, or if this System Bootstrap version has to do with something else and it's something I shouldn't worry?

please help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Harold Ritter
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should not worry indeed. The bootstrap is something else.

Hope this helps,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Harold Ritter
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should not worry indeed. The bootstrap is something else.

Hope this helps,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

great, this is the assurance I needed from any of you big cats.

now, what command will it show me what features this router has? I thought "sh run" will do, but I don;t see anything. I'd like to know if it has the encryptions I was looking for, VPNs, firewall, etc

thanks

The best way of finding that out is to use the Cisco Feature Navigator at www.cisco.com/go/fn, and do a search for the features within the particular image you are using.

Paresh

That's exactly what I did before I downloaded this image. It said it had all those features... so I just wanted to make sure that they were indeed there by typing a command...

In the past, I have ran into problems where I needed to enable or make use of a feature, for example the Firewall set on the routers, and I called cisco and they never said "upgrade to a newer IOS", they said I needed an activation key or something like that

please advise

Hi,

I'm not aware of any features out there that need an activation key. You pay for features by buying the appropriate feature set which you have done already. So the bottom line is that if you have got a feature set that supports a particular feature, you should be able to configure it.

Paresh

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card