cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS-XR transaction commit issues

GREGORY GEE
Level 1
Level 1

i'm having a strange problem with IOS-XR and removing class-map references from policy-maps.  It does not seem to let me remove a reference to a class-map and remove the class-map in the same transaction.  Is this a bug?  I sent the commands in the correct order but it looks like the commit is evaluating them out of order.

Thanks,

Greg

RP/0/4/CPU0:rotgsr-2#configure

Thu Oct 14 11:29:25.912 EDT

RP/0/4/CPU0:rotgsr-2(config)#policy-map mqc-phb-2

RP/0/4/CPU0:rotgsr-2(config-pmap)#no  class my_cos

RP/0/4/CPU0:rotgsr-2(config-pmap)#exit

RP/0/4/CPU0:rotgsr-2(config)#no class-map match-any my_cos

RP/0/4/CPU0:rotgsr-2(config)#commit confirmed

% Failed to commit one or more configuration items during a pseudo-atomic operation. All changes made have been reverted. Please issue 'show configuration failed' from this session to view the errors

RP/0/4/CPU0:rotgsr-2(config)#show configuration failed

Thu Oct 14 11:30:13.546 EDT

!! SEMANTIC ERRORS: This configuration was rejected by

!! the system due to semantic errors. The individual

!! errors with each failed configuration command can be

!! found below.

!

no class-map my_cos

!!% Object is in use: Class-map "my_cos" of type "qos" is used by policy-map(s). Delete failed.

end

11 Replies 11

Bryan Garland
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greg,

What version of code are you doing this on?  I just tested this on my lab box running 3.8.4 and it worked fine.  Do you by chance still have this policy applied to an interface?

Thanks,

Bryan

No, it was not on any interface.  I created the policy map and class map to test this scenario.  I am running 4.0.

Greg

Greg,

I see the same behavior in XR 4.0 code.  This is most likely a parsing issue with sysdb in the order it's being executed.  I will look for known bugs and if I can't find one I will go ahead and file one.

I will post back with the bug id and any work arounds other than two separate commits.

Bryan

Greg,

I have gone ahead and filed bug CSCtk60033.  You should be able to see this on CCO shortly once it gets updated. 

Let me know if you have any other problems. 

Thanks,
Bryan

Bummer, still no updates.  Bug toolkit says it's still under review.  And it's marked as enhancement??  Strange since it used to work and now doesn't.

Thanks,

Greg

Greg,

Internally there is a comment stating it works in 4.1 code.  I don't have a router in my lab running that right now but will work on trying to test this for you.

Thanks,
Bryan

4.1 or 4.0.1 ?    4.1 isn't out.

Thanks,

Greg

Greg,

4.1.0.  Yeah, it's not available yet.  But I have access and can load that on my lab router.  I will reply back when I have tested that.

Thanks,

Bryan

Thanks for the confirmation.  Can you confirm this similar scenario?  Instead of removing a classmap from a policy then deleting it the classmap, remove a child service-policy reference from a policy map then delete the child policy.  Same error that the chid policy is still in use.

Thanks,

Greg

good night i also have this problem when confirming the application of the route policy. (config-bgp-nbrgrp) # address-family ipv4 unicast

(config-bgp-nbrgrp-af) # route-policy TELEBRASR1-OUT out

(config-bgp-nbrgrp-af) #commit

Mon Mar 30 16: 02: 30.194 UTC % Failed to commit one or more configuration items during a pseudo-atomic operation. All changes made have been reverted. Please issue 'show configuration failed [inheritance]' from this session to view the errors any solution for the case? thank you for your help

CISCO IOS XR 5.3.4 ASR 9006

I was getting the same error as well after committing one of my configs.  I figured out that one of my commands wasn't typed out correctly and didn't go through.  I went back and did them one at a time and committed each one individually to find the command it didn't like.  I fixed the typo and it is working now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card