Views
Helpful
Replies

IP address for E1 Controller card

Lavanholy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem with the E1 controller card ,The E1 card is installed and configured as UNFRAMED,the E1 card is UP,when I try to configure the Serial interface with an IP address,it is not taking the IP address,the erro appears as follows " IP address not supported "

Please help me to resolve the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

S.Venkataraman.

3 Replies 3

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

hi,

Can you post your current configuration?

S.Venkataraman

It is not clear to me from your description whether you are attempting to put the IP address on the E1 controller or on a serial interface associated with the controller. In addition to the request to post your config I would ask that you give us exactly the commands that you are attempting to use when you get the error.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi ,

This is a new router which has the VWIC-2ce1/t1-RAN card,which is used for IP over TDM.

Router is having inbuilt IOS which supports the ITP( IP Transfer Point)

It is a fresh installation,we put the VWIC-2CE1/T1-RAN card into the router,then we configured with the followoing commands.

cardtype e1

in the controller mode,we configured timeslots 1 31 as a unframed.

It is accepted the E1 card.Then we enter into serial interface mode.then using the IP ADDRESS x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

it is not accepted,it says that the IP address is not accepted by serial interface.

The running IOS is 12.4(11) sw3.

(Note : The real application is IP over TDM network,it is called ITP-IP Transfer Point.)

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

S.Venkataraman.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card