Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP identification

Hi,

My WAN link is being over utilized by some IPs. Now I want to find out, which IPs are using more bandwidth. I want to check this from router.

What are the commands useful to me in doing this?

Regards

skrao

5 REPLIES

Re: IP identification

Hi Friend,

You can enable ip accounting on your serial interface for few minutes and later can run a command "sh ip accounting"

The ip accounting command records the number of bytes (IP header and data) and packets switched through the system on a source and destination IP address basis. Only transit IP traffic is measured and only on an outbound basis; traffic generated by the router access server or terminating in this device is not included in the accounting statistics.

Have a look at this link

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios124/124tcr/tiap_r/apl_i1ht.htm#wp1219240

HTH, if yes please rate the post.

Ankur

Hello,

I think also using ip cach flow will provide more detailed about the amount of bytes, source & destination port numbers sent in every packet

it can be configured as below

###########

router(config)#int

router(config-if)#ip route-cache flow

###########

Thanks,

Ahmed Hussein

Thanks for your response Ahmed. But you didn't give monitoring command to see statistics.

Regards

skrao

Sorry

The command is (show ip cach flow)

Thanks,

Ahmed Hussein

Hello,

Thanks to rate all postings

Thanks,

Ahmed Hussien