cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ip nat inside ip nat outside

ppaulet
Level 1
Level 1

Could i have both in the same fast ethernet?, i need to nat ip adresses to my inside and, other adresses to the outside... how could i do that?.

THANKS!.

5 Replies 5

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi PP,

I don't think you can do that and also not sure why do you want to do that.

Your interface can either be an inside interface or an outside interface.

But let us wait and somebody who have tried it let him answer.

Regards,

Ankur

Thanks for your answer.

Well, we have a router, which only has a fastethernet interface, so, we have this interface configured like "ip nat outside", and a serial interface configured like "ip nat inside".

Now we have a requirement to configure the fastethernet interface like "ip nat inside", to nat inside IP addresses to another outside serial interface . Do you understand?...

I hope there is a way ...

Yep this can be done something known as Nat on stick. Using a route map push the traffic to a loopback and do the ip nat inside on the loopback and the ip nat outside on your FE.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094430.shtml

Hi all,

I think that what you want can be done using 2 way NAT;

this can be done as in Overlapping NAT --> "ip nat inside source list <#> pool " and "ip nat outside source list <#> pool ".

I haven't tried it before but i think you should give it a try.

HTH

For all of you,

I did wrong... i have my router misconfigured, but it is working, so... Well, this router have the ethernet as the "outside" and the serial as the "inside".

Then i had to configure another router, with NAT correctly, and it is working excellent. I mean, the ethernet as the "inside" and the serial as the "outside".

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card