cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ip rip advertise

wingu
Level 1
Level 1

In the configuration of serial interface, there is "ip rip advertise 5". I think this is the default command. I want to know what exactly means. I assume this is related on rip information advertise period.

I couldn't find the infomation related this on cisco homepage.

Thank you.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

jolmo
Level 4
Level 4

This command changes the default of 30 seconds to the value configured using "ip rip advertise [interval]" to send the rip updates via that interface.

With that command, each interface can have a different update interval.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

Hi,

Just to add , In some series of IOS , as soon as you change the rip timers under rip config , all the interface would have that command getting added " ip rip advertise "

In some series , we need to manually add the command , so that you dont have a mismatch in sending and receiving updates

regards

vanesh k

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jolmo
Level 4
Level 4

This command changes the default of 30 seconds to the value configured using "ip rip advertise [interval]" to send the rip updates via that interface.

With that command, each interface can have a different update interval.

Hope this helps

Hi,

Just to add , In some series of IOS , as soon as you change the rip timers under rip config , all the interface would have that command getting added " ip rip advertise "

In some series , we need to manually add the command , so that you dont have a mismatch in sending and receiving updates

regards

vanesh k

A bit late to the party, thanks :)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card