cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ip route-cache flow- netflow? FastSwitching? Both?

jdevoll
Level 1
Level 1

Does 'ip route-cache flow' both disable netflow collecting AND fast switching on 2800s or not that cef is everywhere is it only a netflow related command?

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

ip route-cache flow is strictly a NetFlow command however, disabling ip route-cache will automatically disable ip route-cache flow.

HTH,

__

Edison.

Thank you for your post, I have one item I need clarified. Is the 'ip route-cache flow' statement functionally equivalent to the 'ip flow ingress'? As near as I can tell, they are. I'm just looking for a sanity check on this one.

Thank you.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/switch/command/reference/swi_e1.html#wp1112275

Usage Guidelines

If you configure the ip flow ingress command on a few selected subinterfaces and then configure the ip route-cache flow command on the main interface, enabling the main interface will overwrite the ip flow ingress command and data collection will start from the main interface as well as all the subinterfaces. In a scenario where you configure the ip flow ingress command and then configure the ip route-cache flow command on the main interface, you can restore subinterface data collection by using the no ip route-cache flow command. This configuration will disable data collection from the main interface and restore data collection to the subinterfaces you originally configured with the ip flow ingress command.

In short ip route-cache flow can only be used on main interfaces while ip flow ingress can be used on main and sub interfaces.

HTH,

__

Edison.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card