Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Route Weight Increasing

oguarisco
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I'm interested to know if there are other mechanism than RTR and Enhanced Obj Tracking that can help me in the following situation: 2 external Routers are connected to a customer's network. Each router has the same static IP route pointing to customer's net which are then redistributed...the second router has the static routes with an higher weight, since it's there only for backup connection...

I want to be sure that also with indirects events on the net (link failure) the IP path is always available...

Which is the best method to monitor from the first router a remote host on customer's net and been able, when this host is not anymore available (ping losses) to increase the weight of the static route so that the second router's routes will be inserted since its weight is less than the increased one of the first router ???

Thnx in advance

Omar

1 Reply 1

bwalchez
Level 4
Level 4

This following configuration example configures conditional route injection for the inject-map named ORIGINATE and the exist-map named LEARNED_PATH:

router bgp 109

bgp inject-map ORIGINATE exist-map LEARNED_PATH

!

route-map LEARNED_PATH permit 10

match ip address prefix-list ROUTE

match ip route-source prefix-list ROUTE_SOURCE

!

route-map ORIGINATE permit 10

set ip address prefix-list ORIGINATED_ROUTES

set community 14616:555 additive

!

ip prefix-list ROUTE permit 10.1.1.0/24

!

ip prefix-list ORIGINATED_ROUTES permit 10.1.1.0/25

ip prefix-list ORIGINATED_ROUTES permit 10.1.1.128/25

!

ip prefix-list ROUTE_SOURCE permit 10.2.1.1/32

Try:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide09186a00800b5d54.html#wp1023818

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card