cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP SLA Reachability is always up?

Gualter Guizado
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, im trying to get IP SLA to work on a test environment, this is my current configuration.

IP_SLA.jpg

Now if I issue a shut on any port on R1 even if i disconnect the cable, the

sh track 1 command always shows "reachability is up" if I try to ping 10.1.5.1 the ping fails.

the track 1 static route is always up.

If i replace the ASA1 for another router the SLA works, I tested this on a Real ASA with 8.2.2(16), I didnt not issue any routes as its a Production ASA, but I configured the IP SLA without a route and even sending the host down the sh track 1 command always shows "reachability is up"

Does anyone know what i might be doing wrong?

Many Thanks

4 Replies 4

waqas younas
Level 1
Level 1

please share the configuration and the destination you are tracking, will be more helpul with any rough diagram.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Regards Waqas Younas CCIEx2 #27815 (Routing and Switching) (Service Provider) Contact for Online Training

Hi, the whole configuration is on the diagram.

This is a test environment, therefore the only configuration R1 R2 and R3 have is interface IP addresses and EIGRP advertising network 10.1.4.0 and 10.1.3.0, and R4 advertising 10.1.5.0.

The Asa has the 2 interfaces configures and the IP SLA which is written on the diagram.

The destination of the track is 10.1.5.1 as in the configuration on the Diagram.

Gualter Guizado
Level 1
Level 1

I forgot to mention on the diagram configuration for the ASA i have sla monitor schedule 1 life forever start-time now

Gualter Guizado
Level 1
Level 1

Everything is working now, the problem was that after everything was setup, a reload on the firewall did the trick.

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card